Aim of this policy
This policy outlines how the Corio Ski Club manages personal information. It also describes the sorts of information we hold and why, as well as how that information is collected, held, used and disclosed. We encourage visitors to our website to check this page regularly for any updates. This policy sheet provides the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all visitors and members and other individuals with whom we deal. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine a person’s identity.
Personal information held by Corio Ski Club may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- contact details (address, phone, fax, email);
- bank account or credit card details if provided; and
- booking history.
Whose personal information do we collect?
Individuals from whom we collect personal information include but may not be limited to:
- members and related members ie associate members;
- contractors and service providers; and
- other people that come into contact with Corio Ski Club.
How we collect personal information
Personal information may be collected from you when you:
- make an enquiry to Corio Ski Club;
- are a member or a related member;
- making a booking;
- otherwise voluntarily provide your details to Corio Ski Club.
Corio Ski Club usually collects personal information directly from you, when you provide it over the phone, by email or via our website.
We may also collect personal information about you if it is publicly available.
If you choose not to provide us with your contact details when you make a booking or enquiry at Corio Ski Club, we are not able to complete your booking.
Personal information provided by other people
In some circumstances, Corio Ski Club may receive personal information about an individual from a third party ie High Country Booking. Corio Ski Club will only collect information from a third party where you have given your express or implied consent for us to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- make a booking; and
- send you information about Corio Ski Club.
Disclosing your Information
In using your personal information for the purposes set out above, Corio Ski Club may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which provide services to Corio Ski Club and include, but are not limited to:
- mail-out and email distribution to service providers;
- your financial institution in the case of direct debit or some credit card transactions;
- Corio Ski Clubs professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Corio Ski Clubs insurers; and
- other companies Corio Ski Club engages to carry out functions and activities on behalf of Corio Ski Club.
If your information is to be used or disclosed for additional purposes we will not do so without your consent.
In addition, Corio Ski Club may also disclose personal information:
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
Help us keep your information accurate
Corio Ski Club aims to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However the accuracy of this information is largely dependent on the information you provide.
To assist us with this, please contact us if you are aware of any changes required to your personal information.
Keeping your information safe
Corio Ski Club holds your personal information securely through physical and electronic means.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is not misused, lost or subject to unauthorised access or use.
Corio Ski Club website
When you visit the Corio Ski Club website, our systems may record certain information about your use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of your visit. Corio Ski Club uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the Corio Ski Club website. In addition, we may use “cookies’ on the Corio Ski Club website. Cookies are small text files that help a website to remember the preference of users to improve the experience of using that website. Using cookies is standard practice for most large websites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information. We will treat this information in the same way as other personal information we collect. Users are free to disable cookies on their internet browser to prevent this information being collected; however, this will reduce the benefit of the enhanced experience that cookies can offer.
Websites linked to the Corio Ski Club website are not subject to Corio Ski Club privacy standards, policies or procedures. Corio Ski Club cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
You can access your information
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have a right to access the personal information that Corio Ski Club holds about you.
For security purposes, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the information we hold about you, we will tell you why.
A small fee may need to be charged for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information.
Contact the Club President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if:
- you would like to know what personal information Corio Ski Club holds about you and how you can gain access to it; or
- you believe that your privacy has been breached and you wish to make a complaint.
You may contact Corio Ski Club by emailing: email@example.com